Sausage Rolls


Visiting Borough Market was a highlight of my time in London. I got some great bread, some even better cheese, and some sausage rolls. The cheese, Swiss raclette, we had for breakfast the next day. The sausage rolls I don't even remember at what point we ate them but they were good. And so easy to make at home.

It's tough to get really good sausage where I live. The closest you can hope for is pretty good. And so I got some that I do enjoy, although nothing like the ones in London. Some day I hope to find some as good as the sausage we ate in Zurich. That would be something.

1 pkg puff pastry, thawed
2 pkg. Johnsonville Stadium brats
1 egg

Preheat oven to 420. 

When the oven is hot all the sausages on a pan and cook until puffed and sizzling. Remove from the oven but leave on. 

Open up one of the sheets of puff pastry. Cut in half lengthwise and then in to three squares the other way. Roll out so they are thinner and longer. With tongs place one sausage on each square and roll closed. Repeat with remaining sausage. 

Gently cut small slits in the top. Beat the egg with a tablespoon of water. Brush the top with the egg mixture and place in the oven. Bake on the middle rack until the tops are golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with HP sauce or ketchup. 

Comments

Popular Posts